This year’s International Cat Care annual celebration was held at the Kensington Roof Gardens in London in July.
Easy To Give Awards
Every year ICC presents the ‘Easy to Give’ award, created to reward pharmaceutical companies whose products are easy to administer to cats and don’t damage the relationship between you and your cat.
Easy to Give winners this year are
- Amodip Chewable Tablets for Cats (Ceva)is the first ever cat-friendly amlodipine licensed for veterinary use for the treatment of hypertension in cats.
- Benazecare 5mg Tablets (AnimalCare) act to reduce the protein lost in urine in renal disease and increase the appetite and quality of life of cats with chronic kidney disease.
- Noraclav Chewable Tablets for Cats and Dogs (Norbrook) contain amoxicillin and clavalanic acid; because antibiotic resistance is a growing concern, having routinely used antibiotics in an easy to give and palatable formulation for cats is very important.
- V-Gel (Docsinnovent) is a supraglottic airway device for cats which enables a clear airway to be obtained quickly, efficiently and effectively for general anaesthesia and emergency resuscitation purposes without the need for traditional endotracheal intubation.
These companies will be granted the use of the Easy to Give logo on advertising to the veterinary world. These bring the total number of Easy to Give awards presented, since their inception in 2005, to 39.
The Cat Friendly Awards
The Cat Friendly Awards recognise other products which have made a real difference to cat wellbeing and welfare. This year the winners are…
There were four Cat Friendly winners this year – Lick-e-Lix from Webbox, Feliway Friends Diffuser from Ceva Animal Health, Kittyrama Cat Collars from Kittyrama and Beco Cat Bowl from Beco Pets.
- Lick-e-Lix (Webbox) provides a great method to help give prescription medications to cats. Owners reported that its different flavours were great for disguising and giving pills and even made this a rewarding experience.
- Feliway Friends Diffuser (Ceva)contains a synthetic copy of the cat appeasing pheromone naturally produced by a nursing mother for her kittens after birth, helping kittens feel safe and secure. This product aims to reduce tension and conflict in multicat households.
- Kittyrama Cat Collars (Kittrama)are designed to be lightweight, slim, durable and very comfortable. They also have a buckle for accurate fitting and a safety opening mechanism if the collar gets caught.
- Beco Cat Bowls (Beco Pets) are made of recyclable waste plant materials and are wide with low sides so that the cat’s sensitive whiskers are not bent while eating.
Cat Naps Calendar Competition
Kensington was also the venue for the launch of the ICC 2017 Cat Naps calendar, crammed with stunning winning photos from the annual photographic competition. They’ll be available from their website soon, and the funds raised from the sale of the calendars makes a significant contribution to their welfare work with unowned cats.
The top 100 images are available to view on the charity’s Facebook page.
We have always enjoyed our association with ICC and the excellent work they do to improve the lives of our cats. International Cat Care receives no public money and relies on the generosity of the cat community to continue its work for owned and unowned cats across the globe.